Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Four Winds

Four Winds

Your class, your cash, your country, sect, your name or your tribe,
There's people always dying trying to keep them alive,
His body's decomposing in containers tonight,
In an abandoned building where,
A squatter's made a mural of a Mexican girl,
With fifteen cans of spray paint and a chemical swirl,
She's standing in the ashes at the end of the world,
Four winds blowing through her hair.
I haven't used a Bright Eyes song in ages. Anyway, tomorrow's Carissa's birthday and the day after that is Mel's birthday. A few days ago, it was Winson's birthday. He was sweet enough to reply the comment I sent him on facebook. God, that boy (man? He's 20) is such a sweetheart, okay? In Australia, we sat together on the bus and were random about everything. Now there's a guy who loves being random and crazy as much as I do. I sent him the most random birthday comment you can think of (it included something about UFOs). He's one guy I definitely don't regret knowing. I mean, during WYD, whenever anyone asked him to do something, he'd do ti without any complaints. So, here's to you, Winson Ng. Have a good one, you so definitely totally really do deserve it for being such a nice guy.
But when great Satan's gone,
The whore of Babylon,
She just can't sustain the pressure,
Where it's placed,
She caves.
NAZ: What's that on Amelie's neck?
ME: Bling. If I remember correctly it was a medalion of the patron saint of St Tropez that bit, uh, I mean, Sylvie gave her.
So, anyway, I just found out that there's a website dedicated to finding out who Amelie Mauresmo's girlfriend is. They've got pictures of everyone there - Sylvie Bourdon, Pascale Arribe, Marie de Villepin (that one's just speculation but she's hot) and obviously a crapload of yucky disgusting pictures of Geraldine Filiol. First someone says it's not Geraldine, it's Marie (she's the old Prime Minister of France's daughter). Then someone says it's neither of them, Amelie's back with Sylvie. Personally, I liked Pascale the best. She was, uh *coughs* very *chokes* um... *wheezes* sweet. Kind of. In a way, like, she never tried to control Amelie, liek Sylvie did. Gotta respect her for that.
The Bible's blind, the Torah's deaf, the Qu'ran's mute,
If you burn them all together, you get close to the truth,
Still they're pouring over Sanskrit on the Ivy League moons,
While shadows lengthen the sun,
Cast all the school and meditation built to soften the times,
And hold us at the center while the spiral unwinds,
It's knocking over fences, crossing property lines,
Four winds, cry until it comes.
This is one of the most controversial songs ever. Bright Eyes rocks for not giving a damn what anyone says. Well, it's in America, anyway, so no one really cares cause they have effing FREEDOM OF SPEECH there. Sound familiar, Malaysian Government? Raja Petra rocks for speaking the truth about our country and what do they want to do? Lock him up with no internet access ever again. I mean, if you guys wanna take our money, at least tell us about it and be frank, so that we can migrate or something. If you wanna put the bumiputera (notice the non-capitalization, it's not just bad grammar) first, lt us know. Be open with it, a'ight? This way, we can actually be proactive about it instead of standing there like the complete idiots they think we are and only knowing how to moan and groan and bitch.
And it's the sum of man,
Slouching towards Bethlehem,
A heart just can't contain,
All of that empty space,
It breaks, it breaks, it breaks.
Anyway, just a random update from all that ranting about this stupid little country. Jesus, the only good thing about it is the food. So yeah, update. As I type this, Amelie's won her first set against Patty Schnyder in the New Haven tournament. Naz's giving me updates on IBM Slamtracker (one of the most amazing devices known to man). Very painlessly done, too. But I doubt Amelie's gonna win the New Haven games cause my girl's got her eyes on the US Open, which is absolutely superb. Oh, and I have to remind Naz to get to the official site to check the draws for me and see how Amelie can pull this one off. According to Naz, Amelie's playing beautifully. Somehow, I won't be surprised if she pulls a Lindsay Davenport at the US Open. I mean, come on Amelie. Lindsay's just come back from giving birth (something you'll probably never do - we'll adopt) and she's got a highter ranking than you. Get ahold of yourself, hottie!
Well, I went back, I rent a Cadillac, a company jet,
Like a newly orphaned refugee, retracing my steps,
All the way to Casa Dega to commune with the dead,
They said, "You'd better look alive",
And I was off to old Dakota where a genocide sleeps,
In the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east,
I buried my ballast, I made my peace,
With four winds, leveling the pines.
Okay, in this last paragraph, I'd like to add a disclaimer. The opinions stated above are my own and my own only. I will definitely not be acting on them (until I'm older at least - how can you expect me to put up with this shit?). So, people, if you've got any sort of opinion (come on, y'all can't be that dumb, you guys aren't named Loke Pui Yan, you know), cbox or comment.
But when great Satan's gone,
The whore of Babylon,
She just can't remain with all that outer space,
She breaks, she breaks, she caves, she caves.

Steph

No comments: