Tuesday, August 26, 2008

--bouquet of words

No idea who wrote this, but it's fuckin' awesome. I was like, "WHOA." Wish I'd written it, but, yeah. It was probably some fag like Shakespeare or whatever. But still, it's awesome, now don't go telling me that it was written by Jodie Foster for Ellen DeGeneres.

I took a walk along a field,
I saw a girl that wore corn-flower’s clothes,
She looked like a slender reed,
That’s shaken by the wind,
That’s plucked like a rose.

I made for you a wreath of dandelions,
I should be happy to lay eyes on,
Your locks with sunny flowers above,
But for my love, I have enough.

There are tulips, tulips, tulips,
They are like glasses with soft lips;
I wish you had a drink from one,
Which touches you lips as well as mine have done.

I came and brought you chamomiles,
There seemed to be two gentle smiles,
About telling fortunes time and time again –
Love, what’s it but a simple game?

"Do not forget me," said a forget-me-not,
"I’ll have a thought of self," a narcissus replied,
This useless discourse I have bought,
Has been continuing although flowers died.

Your head-dress is dahlia’s petals,
It’s like a wavy crown,
It’s like smooth thorns,
I named it twofold, yet as well,
I see: it's like a crown of the thorns.

Somehow, it reminds me of Amelie. God, I love that woman. And good luck for the US Open tonight, babe. You've got me in your corner - I'll be staying up for you.

No comments: