Monday, September 01, 2008

Take What's Mine

Take What’s Mine

I'm surrounded softly by the beat,
Still dumbfounded by the intolerable heat.
I’ve been listening to Baumer for quite a while now. I know nothing about the band but this song is just so… I don’t know. Naz says that the word I’m looking for is “seductive”, and for once, that idiot might just be right. Anyway, we caught Jelena Jankovic’s match, she almost got trampled on buy the really pretty Caroline Wozniacki. Wozniacki’s just so sweet. She’s one of those girls that Ana Ivanovic used to be – without the foot-squeaking on hard courts. I was pretty scared that Jelena would lose, but in the end, as per usual, she pulled up her socks and pulled out the winners, so all was well with her. Amelie’s doing well, too. Kudos to her! This is pretty much the best she’s done all season – see how well my girl can play when she’s not injured? And she looks damn good, too. Totally rocking the (short, short) black tennis dress. And *lowers voice so Amy and Vivien don’t hear* most of my shirts are black, so Amelie and I match! Finally! I was getting sick of all the bright colors Reebok was stuffing her into. My girl’s a rocker, dammit!
You came close to me and you danced,
It came close to being my last.
Okay, now to get down to the serious stuff (yeah, right, when am I ever serious?). As a musician – I reserve the right to call myself a musician; I play the violin, drums and guitar, I can spin a mean mix and I’m the front(wo)man of Dirtnote – I find that the music they play on the radio, Fly, Hitz, whatever you may listen to, is complete, utter crap. I mean, who gives a fuck if you kissed a girl, Katy Perry? We really don’t need to know if you wanna make love in whatever club, Usher. And Leona Lewis, stop cutting yourself; take it from me, bleeding love is just not healthy. And what the fuck is hip-hop? Okay, 50 Cent, Eminem and Jay-Z are probably gonna do a drive-by shooting on me, but can you honestly tell me what they’re saying? And Chris Brown whines, he and Rihanna (who slurs her words) are meant to be together! So sue me, I said it. As for the “bands” they have on the radio now – they were so much better when nobody listened to them. What they’re trying to do now is please the norm – something I swear Dirtnote would never do. What happened to all the good stuff, like Vertical Horizon, Switchfoot, Tori Amos, Michelle Branch, Something Corporate? Why does it have to be something that’s 459b/pm and has nothing but a steel drum beat to it?
I'll take what's mine before I regret it,
And mute this feeling not to often get.
Okay, so maybe all hip-hop doesn’t suck. Kudos to a few musicians or groups who’ve managed to find a way into my MP3 player – Yo Majesty, Mz Fontaine, Miss Money, 2Pac and JenRO. Oh, god, I just realized I have approximately eight hip-hop songs on my MP3 player. I hate it more than I thought. And 2Pac is the only man on the not-hate list. And you know what about 2Pac? He’s dead. Like Saddam Hussein. So, anyway, in case you guys didn’t know… We’ve got this band. And it’s got a really lame name cause we came up with it when we were drunk or stoned (or in my case, both, but let’s not talk about that). We’re called Dirtnote and I, for one, really think you should support us. We solemnly swear that once we become famous, we won’t be cocky assholes like Fall Out Boy or Daughtry. We promise you that we’ll completely maintain our Blink-182-ness and be as crazy and confused and dumb as we always were. Well, there’s no changing the dumb part of us, anyway. This is why you should support us. I don’t think we’re very good, but we’re not posers. We’re here, we’re queer and… I forgot the rest, but whatever, you guys should support us cause we’re cool – in a completely lame, nerdy way. Hell, our drummer got 7As for his PMR. How much more nerdy can you get?
You seem capable of mind control,
You've disabled my very soul.
Anyway, there are a few Dirtnote icons here and if you love me – come on people, help me out – you’ll save them and use them on MSN. Just for five minutes or whatever, but we’ve tried to make them funny so you guys will keep them on till we’re famous. Our website should be up and running in a couple of days, so yeah. USE THEM ICONS… Please?

I'll take what's mine before I regret it,
And mute this feeling not to often get.
<3
Steph

No comments: