Saturday, April 10, 2010

...this is my song.

List 10 musical artists you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below).


1. Brandi Carlile
2. Aimee Mann
3. A Fine Frenzy
4. Alanis Morrissette
5. Jen Foster
6. Janis Joplin
7. Missy Higgins
8. Ingrid Michaelson
9. Dragonette
10. SohoDolls

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Ohgod, I so remember this. It was "Cry, Baby", and I only know it, because my dad used to sing it when I was younger and I cried, and piss me off.

What is your favorite song of 8?
"You and I", for sure. "I wanna do what bunnies do with you." How much more awesome does it get?

What kind of impact has 1 left on your life?
Holy shit. She's had some kind of impact on me. I want to date her, be her, sing with her, play backup in her band, tour with her, play pranks with her, meet her family...
And I'm so much happier because I know she exists in the world.

How many times have you seen 4 live?
Fuck you, I will see her live one day.

What is your favorite song by 7?
Hands down, "Warm Whispers". You know why? Because I am a sucker for anyone who can drawl the lyrics to a song like that.

Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad?
"Ashes and Wine", and "Almost Lover." Alison Sudol just has a way with words, okay. And she's friends with Brandi Carlile.

When did you first get into 2?
From Nick. He told me to download "Pavlov's Bell" by her, and I did. I liked it a lot, googled her and found out that she's Sean Penn's brother's wife, and downloaded a lot more of her stuff.
I haven't heard a song that I don't like yet.

How did you get into 3?
I actually can't remember. I heard "Almost Lover" first, when I was 16, and that was it, I guess. I heard most of her other stuff in quick succession.

Favorite song by 4?
"Hands Clean", because it sounds like my kind of relationship. "This could get messy; you don't seem to mind."

How many times have you seen 9 live?
TWICE. It was E P I C.

What is a good memory concerning 10?
Nick, Naz and I giggling drunkenly and an a semi-stoned manner about filming a video for "Stripper". And then talking about how Malaysia doesn't have strip-clubs.

Is there a song by 8 that makes you sad?
"Maybe", but just a little bit. She's so happy all the time.

Favorite song of 1?
Fuck you, survey. It's so unfair to make me answer this question. Everytime I hear her voice, I want to _______________ (insert dirty thought of your choice here) with her.
Okay, okay, okay. Seriously? "Us Again".

How did you become a fan of 10?
I'm a pervert. They have a song called "Stripper", where the lyrics go, "What money I had is in your thong." How do you think I became a fan? *rolls eyes*

What is the last song you heard by 5?
"Venice Beach." It makes me sad.

No comments: