Wednesday, April 07, 2010

...and how not to look back, even if no one believes us.

“What’re you looking for?”
“I’m looking for the Steph I used to know. Where is she?”
“What the fuck are you talking about?”
“I hate what you’re becoming.”
“I’m not becoming anything.”
“Yes, you are. You’re changing, and I don’t like it.”
“People change, okay, shut the fuck up.”
“So you’re changing now?”
“No, I am not. Go away.”
“I want you to remember something.”
“What? Bookshelf?”
“What?!”
“You said something, so anything la.”
“You’re so stupid. Shut up first, and listen. Are you listening?”
“Mmhmm.”
“You’re my favorite. And no matter what anyone says, I love you.”

*
And I swear, that’s all it took me to change my outlook on this week.
Because I’m your favorite. And you love me.
I think I can trust someone who’s known me their whole life.
So.
Just in case you’re reading this (which you probably won’t, because you don’t like reading);
Thank you.
It meant so much for me, to hear you say that.
And I’m going to be someone you can look up to.
I promise.
*
Apart from that, currently back to Brandi C, and listening to her Save All Your Goodbyes.
*
I should try to not be so bitter all the time.

No comments: