Friday, May 08, 2009

...what happened during earth hour.

Okay, so this is kind of an answer piece to Trushal’s Earth Hour thing – the story where Tilakh ran off during Earth Hour to play football. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, click here to read Mr. LlamaMonkeyBear’s blog.
Anyway, this conversation takes place between Helen’s mom, Aunty Sarah and I. It’s purely fictional. If you believe this, well, I don’t know what to say to you!

*my phone rings* ...everybody knows it’s true, you’re a bitch and you are a slut…

ME: *yawns* Hey.
AUNTY SARAH: Stephanie, have you seen Helen?
ME: Um… Who’s this? Why are you looking for Helen?
AUNTY SARAH: This is *static crackles* Sarah.
ME: Huh? Sorry? Mr. Wong? Why are you calling me about Helen?
AUNTY SARAH: *static crackles* This is not Mr. Wong! I’m asking about my daughter!

ME: Oh, wow, Mr. Wong, that’s so nice that you’ve finally decided to accept her into your family as your daughter-in-law! And you’re finally calling her your daughter! Roshan must be so happy about it.
AUNTY SARAH: She is my daughter, and who’s Roshan?
ME: Oh, Mr. Wong, you’re so funny, pretending you don’t know your own son! You know, Sarah and I knew this would happen -- that Helen would run away with Roshan sometime soon. We just didn’t want to tell you.
AUNTY SARAH: What are you talking about? I’m Sarah! And where is Helen?

ME: *laughs* You’re not Sarah, Mr. Wong! You’re Mr. Wong!
AUNTY SARAH: I’m *static crackles* Aunty Sarah, dammit, Helen’s mom!
ME: Oh, Sarah, why didn’t you say so sooner? Eh, did you know about Helen running away with Roshan?
Que scandalosa, no?
AUNTY SARAH: Are you telling me my daughter is involved in a scandal?
ME: Huh? Helen’s not your daughter, la, idiot.
AUNTY SARAH: This is not Sarah Lois Dorai, this is the other Sarah!
ME: I don’t know any other Sarah. You’re wasting my time and it’s hot and dark and Earth Hour. I do not have the time or patience for this. Byee…
AUNTY SARAH: *sobs* My daughter has gone missinggggg…
ME: Oh, you’re Helen’s mom! Why didn’t you say so earlier? *sigh* I don’t know what’s wrong with you grown ups.
AUNTY SARAH: So, what happened to Helen?
ME: This is the most awesome scandal you’ll ever hear of, Aunty. Helen ran away with Roshan, Godma’s son!
AUNTY SARAH: Oh. Well, in that case, I won’t bother looking for her, then. I have Hannah, who I’ll never send for tuition because of this!

HANNAH: *in background* Yay!

Far away in KLIA, a plane takes off to a college in USA, with Helen and Roshan sitting in it, holding hands and staring into each other’s eyes.

GODMA (back in OUG): Helen Sneha, I am going to kill you! *makes peanut cookies*

-end-
So, whaddaya think? Should I take Literature in college and become the next Sarah Waters?

No comments: