Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sure Thing Falling

Sure Thing Falling

He likes vampires and hit list radio,
But turns it off when he hears this one song he knows,
And you breathe the windows down,
You're driving I-4 as you make your way back home,
You ride in silence because he will not let go,
And you breathe the windows down,
It's a new place that you have found.
Shoot me for this, but I've fallen in love with Yellowcard all over again. Violins, people, violins. Anyway, I'm here, sitting in Bangsar while Naz watches some weird random stuff on DVD. I think it's Tipping The Velvet or something. Hah, Naz, I've seen it before on youtube! So, here's the thing, people. I've got this random idea floating around in my head, and I've kind of been very very lazy to even try to put it down. It's kind of very complicated to write down and if I start writing again now, I know that I won't be able to stop and I'll screw up at the end of the year, just like PMR, where I didn't study at all. And I'm just so tired. I had the most exhausting week, okay, with exams and everything. Form Five is hell. What else is new, hmm? Well, I've been writing crap, and lots of it. Today, after I finished the Moral paper, I wrote this total stupid shit about how I never cut my toenails and Naz nags me constantly. In the end, I said that with my toenails, I shall be called Sabretoe (y'know, like Sabretooth?). At least it's creative.
I've been up late writing books,
All about heroes and crooks,
One of them saves you from this,
The other one steals you and then,
Sure things fall,
And all sure things fall.
Oh, and today I found out that I'm not the only one who can't concentrate on studying without music. Charmaine can't, either. And she stays up till crazy hours to write, too! I haven't written in ages, and it's like 1:48 am now. Maybe I should get to writing. Yeah, I think I will, and finally write down whatever it is I wanted to write just now. If I can still remember. By the way, good news regarding tennis -- Amelie's in the semis. I didn't think she'd be able to take Elena Dementieva without the French crowd behind her, like at the GDF in Febuary, but looks like my girl's on a roll! God, I hope she comes to play here next year. It would be awesome to see her live, with her beautiful hair and legs and hands and jawline. The jawline on that woman absolutely murders me every single time. And I think it would probably be sharp enough to stab someone with, unlike Sharapova's, whose head is a funny shape. What? It is, okay. And she'd have a huge forehead, if not for her fringe, which covers it. Amelie pwns all!
Do you remember how we used to get so high,
It didn't work at first we tried it two more times,
And we could breathe the windows down,
I was thinking of the temperature outside,
Cool like the water that was running from our eyes,
And we could breathe the windows down,
It's a new place that we had found.
Okay, the first time I heard this song, I'd just bought Yellowcard's Lights and Sounds and after the first three songs, I was about to write the CD off as complete bullcrap. Instead, this song comes on over the speakers and it's almost as good as Empty Apartment off the first CD (yes, I have all the Yellowcard CDs, for the sake of it). Granted, there were only six songs off the whole CD of 15 songs (including the hidden track, Three Flights Down) that were worth listening to, but it was enough to make me get off my butt to go get their third album, which also wasn't the best they'd ever done, but passable. Oh, before I forget, I was having this hilarious conversation with Nick the other day. He's such a sweetheart and doesn't believe that Richard Gasquet is guilty of doing cocaine. I'm rather inclined to agree with him, not because he's my favorite gay, but because I like Richard and he comes across as a really nice guy. Not to mention, he's friends with Amelie. I also don't think it's true because I love Nick.
He can take you all the way to church this time,
But don't forget you summed it up in fifteen lines.
I can't wait to read Malinda Lo's Ash. Okay, I know I'm a sucker and everything but I like re-written fairytales. I'll read anything even remotely like that, and in case you haen't guessed by the title, Ash is a retelling of Cinderella, but with a hot Fairy King's Hunter. So awesome, right? I'm getting worked up just typing this out! It sounds so good, seriously, I cannot wait to get my hands on that book! So the next holidays, in June, I'm gonna go buy it and read it on the beach in PD while everyone else runs around like headless chickens. Thing is, when I read in PD, on the beach, I tend to forget everything around me and come back to KL looking like charcoal. Well, not charcoal charcoal, but you get the picture. And if I read in KL, I tend to stay up half the night (usually until 4am) just to finish a book. The last book I read was Paolo Coelho's The Winner Stands Alone. Deep and fantastic, indeed. I had so much fun reading it and trying to guess who he was going to kill off, and hoping that he wouldn't kill Jasmine. He didn't.
I've been up late writing books,
All about heroes and crooks,
One of them saves you from this,
The other one steals you...
NICK: Flightless birds? What is he talking about?
ME: Shut up, it's a good song.

NICK: Whatever you say. *pats my head* I'll pay some drunk guy to design the universe one day. It'll explain flightless birds, and then you'll be sorry!
God, this man is so funny. Times spent with him are never boring. Ever, or he'll kill himself (says Nick). Personally, I wouldn't want him to.
Of all of the places I've looked,
And all of the pictures I took,
One of them's here with me now,
I'm finally finding out how,
Sure Things Fall,
All sure things fall.

Stephie

No comments: