Thursday, March 25, 2010

wonderful things = this, and you.

Uh-huh. :) Awh, hell yeah.
*
Let me tell you a little bit about how I did my World Issues News Report. As usual, I procrastinated.
I started over the holiday week; Monday, to be exact, and as I was researching stuff about Shahar Peer, I was...
...reading my online copy of The Girl Who Played with Fire.
...talking to lots of people; mostly President Farid, Alwy, Sarosh and Helen.
...harrassing Chewable over facebook, which is why I think facebook is awesome.
...getting harrassed back by Chewable, which made my time-wasting and procrastinating totally worth it.
...talking to Nick on the phone and planning our lepak-sessions at night.
...downloading stuff off Ares.
...watching completely pointless videos on youtube.
*
BUT.
I got it done, by about 1:30 (yes, in the morning), by Monday, the next week.
And I was so fucking nervous (you can't swear in World Issues, or you get penalized), that I didn't eat anything except half a peanut-butter-chocolate-marshmallow cookie that Hanisah gave me.
I sat outside class for about half-an-hour and talked to Hanson, who is so nice, but really quiet.
(And I was praying that Ameera wouldn't come).
Eventually, it was time for me to step up to the front of the class and face the gallows projector.
It was completely nerve-wracking (I like exaggerating a little bit), as I plugged Daddy's pendrive (because he stole mine) into the computer, with no sign of Ameera.
Hanson smiled. "You must be happy, she's not here."
I stood up there for about an hour and fifteen minutes, and I have no idea what I talked about; yeah, it's either I'm so full of shit that I can't remember, or that I was completely out of it, and couldn't remember anything, either.
*
But whatever, on with what happened the next day.
Blahblahblah, first two periods, then, World Issues quiz.
BANGBANGBANG.
Got up to leave, dropped off my paper with Ms. Nancy and she handed me my News Report rubric (yes, that is the picture up there).
I, being me, put it into my World Issues textbook, where I stuff everything for easy access. Went back to my seat, scribbled down the homework assignment, stood up to leave again, and shouted/whispered, "Thanks, Miss!" to Ms. Nancy.
She gave me a weird look, pointed to my textbook, shrugged and, when I shrugged back, in my, "Um, what?" way, she called me over.
Ms. Nancy: Did you look at it?
Me: Um, no? *sheepishly*
Ms. Nancy: Look at it! *smiles*
Me: Okay... *opens book, jaw drops open* Holy sh... Uh, I mean, thanks, Miss! Really. I, um, wow.
Ms. Nancy: Good job. *winks*
Me: *walks out of class, grinning from ear-to-ear and bouncing off the walls*
*
And that, my friends, was that. :)
Surprisingly, after my mid-term report, I'm scoring higher on World Issues than I am for English.
Maths, well, I'm getting there.
But I am HAPPY.

No comments: