Friday, December 25, 2009

well, then.

It's not the end of the world,
It's not even over,
but it will be soon,
I never learn my lesson,

I just change my tune.
And no one seems to notice,
But you will, you will.


It's no big deal,
But the last thing I think of when I close my eyes,
And the first thing on my mind when I rise,
Is that day when you're not really in my life.


You can try and you won't find it where you're looking,
You can't hold it till it's putty in your hands,
And you can't break a heart that wasn't even yours to break,
You could never be there for me in the end;
I will do the right thing
I will.


You're not fooling me,
I'm not the sort of girl who can't see reason,
But it's nothing that a little bit of time won't heal,
I know it don't come easy,
But I love you,

I do.

And coming clean means never closing curtains,
I just change my scene,
Oh but
you'll know what I mean,
And I will learn throughout my life to never lean on what will bend.


I can try and I won't find it where I'm looking,
I can't hold it 'til it's putty in my hands,
You can't break a heart that wasn't even yours to break,
You could never be there for me in the end,
And I will do the right thing,
I will.


I don't think you ever learned a thing from me,
But I'm sure that you want me to learn from you,
And you've drawn heavy handed lines around morality,
About yourself and I don't share your point of view,
It's been time to let you go
a thousand times,
To never know that it hurts to be the one that you'd regret.


I have to say that I am proud to know you
And I'll never be the same because we met
You might not miss this
But I will,

I will.
---
Meh, I know it's Christmas and I'm supposed to be listening to Christmas music, but this song is amazing.
Not to mention that my (see the my?) Brandi is ubercute here. Yes, click to listen to the song with the lyrics above. :)
---
Anyway, merry Christmas from the Fernandez clan.
Shanna's making it very special for me (if you're reading this, texting you made my day). :)
and Mel?
I think I might like you forever. (:
Heh.
---
Right, I'm off for Christmas dinner.
Husband's coming over to meet the family. 0.o
*dies*

No comments: