Saturday, November 21, 2009

--take my advice; I don't use it anyway.

First off, Sven – I’m not gonna talk to them.
Because sometimes, when you’re friends, sacrifices have to be made.
Because it’s hard for me to express myself.
Because if they can’t understand how I feel, it’s totally not worth explaining.
And it’s not worth fucking up five years or so for.
For real, though.
Even if I did talk to them, what am I supposed to say, anyway?
So, whatever.
It doesn’t matter, right?
I’ll just put a smile on my face and be there in the background.
Even if it fucking kills me to watch.
I was born to play Poker for a reason.
Let’s finally put that reason to good use.
I’ll smirk, and pretend not to give two shits, when I do.
But then again, who’s asking?


"This mask I wear, you gave to me,
One blue-skied day beneath the trees,
Its black and blue surrounds my life,
Covers my eyes and blinds my sight.

This mask I wear pretends I’m here,
And hides me from that awful fear,
That you might find the heart of me,
And take that too, beneath the trees.

This mask I wear to hide the pain,
It’s all I have to keep me sane,
“That’s awesome news,” I have to tell,
There are no words to stop this hell.

This mask, I ask the gods why,
They hate me so to watch me die,
A little more with every time,
I have to tell you that I’m fine.

But little girls grow up, my friend,
And learn the wicked ways of men,
This mask I wear comes off the day,
This mask I wear lays on your grave."
-- Shane Forrest.

Nick says, “Don’t worry, we’re still young. It’ll happen – that someone who looks at you and suddenly, you could write a book about how their eyes shine, and you wouldn’t even need a dictionary.
The someone who holds your hand, and everything is right in the world – you couldn’t be happier.
The someone who hugs you even when you’ve just stepped out of the boxing ring, and you’re all beaten-up and bloody and stinking with blood.
Just wait.”


I cling to your promise; there will be a dawn.


Currently listening to: As Tall As Lions - Love, Love, Love.

No comments: