Friday, January 23, 2009

Pavlov's Bell

Pavlov's Bell

Oh, Mario,
Sit here by the window,
Stay here till we reach Idaho,

And when we go,
Hold my hand on take-off,
Tell me what I already know,
That we can't talk about it,
No, we can't talk about it.
Courtesy of Nick, I've been listening to Aimee Mann quite a bit lately. He told me to download this one, and I thought that it'd be one of the songs that sits in my laptop's hard-drive, but I listened to a preview, and it's absolutely fucking brilliant. I think this should be the song for the Australian Open this year. Speaking of the Australian Open, there've been quite a few casualties, and some of them have been quite shocking. Seeded players who have fallen are as follows: (WTA) Venus Williams, Agnieszka Radwanska, Patty Schnyder, Anna Chakvetadze, Daniela Hantuchova, Agnes Szavay, Sybille Bammer, Kaia Kanepi, Ai Sugiyama, Maria Kirilenko, Francesca Schiavone, Aleksandra Wozniak and Tamarine Tanasugarn. I feel sorry for Tamarine -- she's been one of my favorites since Wimbledon last year.
Because nobody knows,
That's how I nearly fell,
Trading clothes,

And ringing Pavlov's Bell,
History shows,
There's not a chance in hell.
As for the guys on the ATP, the fallen are as follows: David Nalbandian, David Ferrer, Robin Soderling, Ivo Karlovic, Feliciano Lopez, Paul-Henri Mathiu, Dmitry Tursonov, Rainer Schuettler and Philipp Kohlschreiber. Has anyone noticed that the seeded men to fall are a lot less than the seeded women? This is pretty damn obvious, and the WTA rankings fluctuate a lot more than the men's, too. And it seems that everyone's supporting Rafa! Even when Kar Weng and I were talking, both yesterday and this afternoon, he was like, "Rafa." and so was I (he's never won on a hard-court before, so I want him to ave this one!). Arif, Naz, Nick, Bianca are all for Rafa. Still, Helen's rubbed off on me a little, since this little bit of my heart wants Roger Federer to get it, too, to show that he can salvage what's left of his career.
But, oh, Mario,
We're only to Ohio,
It's kinda getting harder,
To breathe,
I won't let it show,
I'm all about denial,
But can't denial let me believe,
That we could talk about it,
But we can't talk about it.
As for Amelie, she's been working her ass off over there in Australia, and I've been getting more and more obsessed with each match she plays. Still, she's got one helluva draw, I'll tell you that! In the third round, she's got Victoria "Vika" Azarenka (death to that bitch -- I don't know anything about her except that she's damn ugly) and when (note that I said "when" and not "if" because I have faith in my Ame!) she makes it past Vika, she's got Serena "Fats" Williams (I'm still hoping she gets her ass kicked by Shuai Peng from China, so Amelie doesn't have to play the Fats). After that, if everything goes as it's supposed to, Amelie has Svetlana Kuznetsova, her best friend on the whole entire WTA. Hey, if you put me across the court from Helen at the Australian Open, I'd wipe it with her, but Amelie's more sensitive than I am (isn't everybody?), so she'll have trouble with Sveta. Thennnn, after Sveta, she has Elena Dementieva. What kind of a name is "Dementieva"? Doesn't it sound demented? After Demented, Amelie plays Jelena Jankovic or Dinara Safina (I can't decide which) and the she's the Queen of Australia! Again! While I keep my reign as Queen of the Autistic. There is a difference, you know.
Because nobody knows,
That's how I nearly fell,
Trading clothes,
And ringing Pavlov's Bell,
History shows,
But rarely shows it well.
Anyway, school's been a total bitch. Take, for instance, this conversation that happened yesterday, after recess. The gorgeous Ng Boon Kyan was holding this piece of paper that had "BOIKOT BARANGAN ISRAEL" on it, which I thought was just stupid. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I love Jews. Sarah Silverman, Joshua Bell and hottashell Natalie Portman.
ME: Eh, Boon Kyan! Gimme! *folds paper so it reads "BARANGAN ISRAEL"* Support!
SHARIFAH: Do you support Israel?
ME: Uh, yeah. I'm even using two Motorola phones, and Starbucks rocks.
SHARIFAH: *expression changes* Fucker. *flips me off*
ME: *laughs my ass off and tells Charmaine, Pik Ee, Kuan Ngee, etc*
And I'll stand by what I said, people. Jews and Israel totally rock, and I know that almost everyone who reads my blog will agree with me.
Oh, Mario,
Why if this is nothing,
I'm finding it's so hard to dismiss,
If you're what I need,
Then only you can save me,
So come on baby, give me the fix,
And let's just talk about it,
I've got to talk about it.
Okay, so in the tennis line-up for today, the most interesting one will be Marat "Sexgod" Safin against Roger "Magic" Federer (sorry, Helen, just had to put that in), and for tomorrow, we've got Amelie and Vika. I absolutely love my new Motorokr, since it's got a time-converter in it, so I can check when Amelie's playing. Looks like I'll be getting up early tomorrow to watch her play. She goes on right after Serena Fatass and Shuai Peng, which means, if the match finishes early, I'll have to get up at about 9:00 am to watch her play/follow her on IBM Slamtracker. If that's not love, you people can go fuck an elephant five hundred and thirty-two times, because you quite clearly don't know what love is. I mean, I'm completely willing to wake up early for this woman on a Saturday to watch her play tennis.
Because nobody knows,
That's how I nearly fell,
Trading clothes,
And ringing Pavlov's Bell,
History shows,
Like it was show and tell.
Right, I'm pretty sleepy and I've got Bible Knowledge later. Joleen better come and keep me company, since Mon already said that she wouldn't be going. Can you people even begin to imagine how bored I'll be without Monica? Jeezus. So, yeah, since I'm tired and I have Bible later, I'm going to sleep, and dream about rainow unicorns, tennis, brownies, and of course, Amelie. Have a good weekend, and an even better Chinese New Year, y'all!
So tell me,
That's how I nearly fell,
By ringing Pavlov's bell,
So, baby, show and tell,
Oh, Mario, Mario.

Much love,
Ninnyjofernandez.

No comments: