Sunday, January 25, 2009

.of Amelie and Dirtnote

Last night, Nick, Naz and I were sitting around, discussing random stuff and generally being stupid and getting drunk. We were playing this new drinking game that we came up with -- naming it "Maurendez." Yeah, sorry, that's the best we could come up with. Anyway, the game goes like this: Every time Steph mentions Amelie, everyone has to take a drink, passing around the bottles. That lovely evening, we had a couple of bottles of sahti (which is this really cool beer from Finland), a six-pack of pulque, home-made sangria, Schnapps, and Kahlua! You can probably imagine how drunk we were by the time everything was over.
Anyway, I started naming five words that describe Amelie with every letter of the alphabet (can you imagine how upset I am by her loss at the Australian Open to Victoria Azarenka Shithead?), and by the time I got to "S", Nick and Naz were helping me. This is what we came up with, while sounding scarily a lot like Ana Ivanovic.
ME: *drunkenly emotional* Symbol of all that is good.
NICK: *excitedly* I have one! Sight to behold!
ME: "Simone's-my-middle-name."
NAZ: *laughs like crazy*Stephanie's property.
NICK: Spaghetti-carbonara-lover.
ME: Sun-screen lotion applier to her is my dream job.
NAZ: I have a good one -- searcher for meaning.
ME: Serves volleys to perfection. Well. She used to.
NAZ: Spins her opponents around.
NICK: Slice-shot extraordinaire.
ME: Saluted by all. And salud, babeh. *drinks*
NICK: Stylish as hell.
NAZ: Smile that can make Steph laugh.
NICK: Statuesque
ME: Sharapova-beater.
NAZ: *laughs like crazy again* Should marry Steph.
ME: Shoulders and arms beyond compare.
NICK: Sweeps Steph off her feet -- the only person known to do so.
ME: Siesta with her would be the tastiest fiesta.
NICK: *rolls eyes* Shudder at the thought of her.
NAZ: Simply irresistible.
ME: *pathetically* Svetlana's friend! Oh, oh, and sexy!

God, these people definitely know how to make me feel better. I love these two like hell and I'd probably off myself without them.

No comments: