Saturday, January 23, 2010

--2010

This should've come a lot earlier, but... :)

Thank you for Cadbury.
I love that boy, so, so much; he’s mine, I’m his.

Thank you for my family.
Behind all the arguments and cold wars, are hearts that beat as one.

Thank you for Helen.
I would be lost without her guiding OCD.

Thank you for Amelie Mauresmo.
For letting me see that one-handed backhand for four years.

Thank you for Ash by Malinda Lo.
It’s a brilliant example of how far queer Asians can go.

Thank you for Kaisa from Ash by Malinda Lo.
Now, if only Kaisa was real…

Thank you for Nick.
I couldn’t have asked for a clearer mirror.

Thank you for black-ink, Pilot G-2, 0.5 pens.
I love them.

Thank you for Motorola.
It’s my silent vendetta for Jews.

Thank you for Jews.
Joshua Bell and Natalie Portman are perfect examples.

Thank you for Amy.
I would be completely lost in clothing stores without her.

Thank you for Brandi Carlile.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. So freaking much.

Thank you for cheese-fries.
They’re great while watching
Imagine Me & You.

Thank you for
Imagine Me & You.
The only movie I liked as much as
I Can’t Think Straight.

Thank you for Shamim Sharif.
The world needs more women unafraid to speak up.


Thank you for Yasmin Ahmad.
She was amazing while she lasted.

Thank you for Vivien.
She makes me laugh, and is the only person as vulgar as I am.

Thank you for colorful underwear.
I especially love the pair with rainbows.

Thank you for Rafael Nadal.
Just, thanks.

Thank you for online forums.
Pictures, music scores, articles, yeah.

Thank you for board shorts.
The only thing that you can actually wear in Malaysian weather.

Thank you for pasta in the shape of tiny stars.
They’re very cool – fun to look at, and nice to eat.

Thank you for the anonymous hottie (now named) in the elevator.
I now know that there’s a god who believes that I’m a good person.

Thank you for Naz.
You know I love you, so fucking much.

Thank you for my ability to do impersonations.
It’s great for scaring my little cousins.

Thank you for Aimee Mann’s music.
It leaves me speechless.

Thank you for Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore.
It’s proof that straight, middle-aged men don’t completely suck.

Thank you for Mary-Beth Baker’s implied happy ending in Strangers in Paradise.
I actually squealed like a little girl when she sort-of ended up with Casey.

Thank you for Marat and Dinara.
Cutest sibling doubles team, ever.

Thank you for Wicked, the musical.
I can’t get enough of it.

Thank you for Spider Solitaire.
It makes me feel superior.


Thank you for Carin.
She listens, doesn’t judge and doesn’t yell.

Thank you for Blink-182.
I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for I Miss You.

Thank you for making the transition from BJ to Sunway easy.
And thank you for Sabrina, Shakilone, Keith and Sarosh.

Thank you for Zacky.
Without him: Math = Epic fail.

Thank you for little kids.
Marcus, Jaeda, you kill my bad moods.

Thank you for Kinokuniya.
The only place to find excellent, banned books.

Thank you for alcohol.
Need I say more?

Thank you for twitter.com
Best. Ever.

Thank you for Hernandez.
Even if I don’t appreciate you, half the time.

Thank you for my sarcasm and cynicism and bitterness.
Life can’t always be sweet.

Thank you for my sense of humor.
Epic win.


Please, let this year be a good one.

No comments: