Sunday, November 30, 2008

--boredom slaughters

Yesterday, Nick, Naz and I went to this family dinner thing. Actually, I kinda dragged Naz along (yes, yes, I knew it would be awkward with Leann, but whatever) because I knew we could get bored. And we did, so the three of us sat at a table away from the old people and the babies (haha) and were talking tennis. Naz and I play doubles sometimes, so Nick decided to quiz us on each other. We seriously had nothing better to do. It went something like this:

These are Naz's answers:
Biggest pet peeve:
Being late! But Steph is so laid back and easy-going, not too many things bother her. I would be totally guessing on this one.

Nervous habit:
I bite my nails. Steph moves around a lot, can't sit still, goes off on her own.

If we had to live on an island and could take three things, they would be:
I would take my phone, my computer, and politics magazines. Steph would take phone, sunnies, and a surfboard.

Favorite pre-match activity:
For me, it's texting. I know, I am not proud of it! Steph hits volleys against a wall and eats power bars.

Favorite thing to watch on TV:
I love all politics and world news, Law and Order, sports and Family Guy. Steph likes Family Guy, Friends, The Cho Show and The Simpsons.

Least favorite player:
For me, it's Schnyder. For Steph, I don't think she has one yet. Maybe me?

Most embarrassing tennis moment:
I honestly don't have one. For Steph, it's losing to S. Neesha 6-0 6-0 in PJ last year. Sorry to bring that back up Stephie...

First person to call after a match:
My sister or mum. For Steph, it's friends, either Carmen or Mel. She usually sends a text message to someone.

Favorite tournament:
For me, Aussie Open. For Steph, Wimbledon.

I occasionally annoy Steph by doing this:
I always remind her to "Make sure you get the schedule before you leave." I am a control freak so I always end up getting it first, booking courts, etc., even if I ask her to do it as well.

The one thing we don't agree on is this:
Our favorite cities. Mine is Brighton, hers is either Athens in Greece or Gold Coast in Australia.

If you weren't playing tennis, you would be a:
Steph would be some sort of musician, maybe a hip-hop artist. *laughs* I'm kidding. Me, I would be in the FBI or opening my own law firm. And maybe I still will!

These are Steph's answers:
Biggest pet peeve:
Talk during movies. I also hate homophobia. For Naz, it's people being late.

Nervous habit:
I stop talking. For Naz, it's when Naz tells me, "It's okay.", especially when I'm missing balls.

If we had to live on an island and could take three things, they would be:
Phone, sunblock, music. For Naz, phone, phone charger, food.

Favorite pre-match activity:
For me, volleys on a wall and banana-flavored power bars. Naz doesn't have one that I've noticed, except talking on the phone.

Favorite thing to watch on TV:
I like "Family Guy", "Friends" and "Capadocia". For Naz, it's now "Family Guy because I made Naz watch it!

Least favorite player:
Flavia Pennetta. For Naz, it's Patty Schnyder.

Most embarrassing tennis moment:
Can't think of one, maybe I erased them all from my memory! *laughs* I have no idea for Naz. Maybe the day when Naz's shorts split?

First person to call after a match:
I don't call anyone in particular, it depends on the day. Naz's mum and sister.

Favorite tournament:
Wimbledon! For Naz, it's the Aussie Open.

I occasionally annoy Naz by doing this:
Not talking, not expressing my feelings or not making a decision.

The one thing we don't agree on is this:
Hard to say, maybe tipping.

If you weren't playing tennis, you would would be a:
Comedienne or in a band. Naz would be a criminal detective, a lawyer or a forensic psychologist. Maybe work for the FBI.

No comments: