Thursday, June 03, 2010

Yet another meaningful conversation post.

Naz: Okay, today, we've got to watch "Pourquoi Pas Moi" because, being Malaysian, and not understanding French, you haven't seen it.
Me: But I don't understand French. If I did, I'd be all Amelie-stalking right now.
Naz: I'll translate; it's just a really good movie, and I've seen it, like, seven times.
Me: Wow. You must really like it.
Naz: Shut up.
About forty-five minutes into the movie...
Me: Hey, Naz? What's she saying? And I don't even know their names yet.
Naz: Okay, so that one's yelling, "Nothing happened!", so the other one said that if she hadn't come along, the first one would be in bed with the tattoo girl, and that the first one saw the tattoo girl's tattoo, and she's wondering why she's even here.
Me: Yeah, I got that bit. About the tattoo, I mean. Wait. Why get upset about the tattoo? Geez.
Naz: Anyway, Steph, the first one just went, "Because you love me!", you follow? The second one went, "What?" and the first one said, "And I love you." in reply. Smooth.
Me: Awh, they always have those moments in the movies, where they stare breathlessly, quietly at each other, and the music swells...
Naz: And you have an almost-eighteen-year-old talking over the significant moments. Right, now the second one says, "You're a real bitch. I love you, and there you are, swapping spit with some dog."
Me: Fuck it, I'm turning in my pens. You should be the writer, not me.
Naz: Jesus, the first one is so smooth. She just went, "She's not a dog, I was not swapping spit... And you're beautiful when you're angry." Isn't that adorable?
Me: Yes, yes, adorable. What's the second one crying about?
Naz: She says, "Honestly?" and the first one says, "Yes. Hysterical jealousy suits you."
Me: Christ, Johnson, you're so cute. Marry me?
Naz: Sure.

No comments: