Monday, June 22, 2009

--before it breaks

Around here, it's the hardest time of year,
Waking up, the days are even gone,
Will the collar on my coat, lord help me,
Killing off the cold,
Will the raindrops sting my eyes or keep them closed?

But I'm feeling no pain,
Only the lonely and my quietest friend,
Have I the moonlight,
Have I let you in,
Say it ain't so,
Say I'm happy again...

Say its over,
Say I'm dreaming,
Say I'm better than you left me,
Say you're sorry, I can take it,
Say you'll wait,
Say you won't,
Say you love me,
Say you don't,
I can make my own mistakes,
Let it bend before it breaks.

I'm alright,
Don't I always seem to be,
Aren't I swinging on the stars,
Don't I wear them on my sleeves,
But when you're looking for the crossroads,
It happens everyday,
And whichever way you turn,
I'm gonna turn the other way.

I don't know what I want. Mother Mary, Ellen, Sappho, help me, goddammit.
All I want, I'll achieve in eight more months. I have to.
Being alone sounds really appealing right now. Island in Majorca, apartment in London, lakehouse in St. Germains-en-Laye, I want to go.

No comments: