Saturday, March 07, 2009

--you matter becauseee...

...you're my mom.
You've seen me through so much stuff, ma. You've always been there, for me to yell and scream and cry and cut. You carried me for nine months in your stomach, and you refused to give me up even though they told you that you should. You've been loving me unconditionally, ever since the day I was born, with hair, no matter what I did, and we all know how difficult I can be. Granted, there were bad times, especially when you walked out on daddy and me last year and caused a heck of a lot of tears, more than you'll ever know, but nobody's perfect. It's okay, I forgive you. You've bought me stuff and let me keep my room a mess and most of all, you let me be who I am, because I think you know that you've done your best with me. I'm sorry, for everything I've done, and for everything I'll do. I never meant to hurt you, ma. I guess all I want to say is, thank you, and I love you.

...you're my grandmas.
Crapo, you ladies are the best. Funny, opinionated, and hell, you swear! You're always there to take my side against the "evil parents", and you love me and love me and love me. Nothing could make me stop loving the both of you. Grandma, you've taken care of me ever since I was a little kid running around the house in diapers while you'd chase me and Nick with a cane, and even now, you take the time to just listen to me. I don't think you know how much that means to an angst-ridden teenager. Amachi, you've always supported me, no matter what you can and cannot remember. It may hurt sometimes, having to see you struggle to remember my name, but the memories of all the good times we've had last forever. You guys have picked me up, doted on me and spoiled me rotten, not to mention given me your endless support. I love you both. Thank you.


...you're my besties.
I don't think I have to mention any names here. I'll just go with this, and you guys can figure it out yourselves. Both the lips, one set of braces, the fashionista, the nicest girl to ever walk the face of the planet, not to mention my lawyer, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love and appreciate you ladies, even though I may moan and groan and bitch about it. Hell, you guys listen to me moan and groan and bitch about it, so I can't really complain. Honestly, I don't know what I'd be doing without you guys. School would suck, I wouldn't have anyone to give random tennis updates to and share lame jokes with and I'd have to keep my crushes to myself. And we all know that there's no fun in that. As much as I complain, I value your advice and I know I don't say this very often, but thank you for putting up with me. I know I can be a megabitch, but I love you all loads, and that has to count for something, right?


...you're random women who make my world go round.
Okay, um... Fida. Nabilah. The Click of 5 Gemilang; yes, all of you -- YiLing, SzeHwa, LaiYoong, Celine, etc. AJ. Letitia. Charmaine. Pik Ee. Kuan Ngee. Aisyah. Pooja. Kavya. Reka. Oh, hey, I forgot to mention the mini-Sarahs and mini-Helens who walk the face of the earth. I'd trade Bianca for you two anyday -- Esther and Hannah. Kim, Carmen, Mel, Eva, Morgan, Sophie, Darah, all of you who've given me advice without me asking for it. I love you all.

Happy International Women's Day.

No comments: